Island Lake Fishing Report

bhearsum

My fiancee and I went out on Island Lake to do some bassing. Didn't do great, but got my first bass from that lake.

Here is Mr. Grumpy:

DSC04132.JPG

Another shot:

DSC04134.JPG

A pike:

DSC04139.JPG

There were two other pike, too. The first one never made it into the boat (it got loose as we were fiddling with the net). The other one was a surprise to me. I thought I'd got snagged on some weeds and was very very slowly getting my line back in. A huge clump of weeds surfaced when my fiancee noticed another line surfacing as well. At the end of it were some weeds and a small pike! He got stuck on a very large hook. With some fuss we managed to get him loose and with a bit of help swam off OK.

The was my third time at Island Lake and other than losing a lure every time it's a pretty decent place for someone who doesn't own their own boat!

good catches. I use to go there but the dam 12v electric motor would take us forever to get around on the lake. Nearly impossible to get anywhere with a headwind.

If you want to catch some big bass go here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=17

There are some fallen tree branches there on the south side across from the houses where fat LMB are holding. I use to twitch plastic worms there to catch them. IIRC the first house, sometimes the hot blonde woman would come out to fish in her tiny bikini. Bonus!