Watson Canoes

FLEX ROD

Okay folks, it has been a few years since I got rid of my last boat due to health issues, so it looks like I may finally be on the way to recovery and I am desparete to get my hands on something that floats.

I saw an add today for a Watson square back canoe, my thinking is buyy the canoe first and I can buy the boat later and the canoe can always be used for small lakes, so does any body know about these canoes?

It is a 15' square back and the guy states it is 3 years old this summer and he is asking for $600 or B.O, coments please ..... I think that 600 is too high what do you think would be a fair price

Thanks in advance,

FLEX

i don't know about watson canoes, but i think this model is made using fiberglass. $600 is an awful lot to pay for a used fiberglass canoe. they do not handle shock well and can crack if they hit a rock. also, be careful because these canoes are easy to repair and the repairs are easy to hide too. i wouldn't buy this canoe without testing it on the water first, which may or may not be feasible.

twocoda, Thank you!!

This is why this site is the only one one I ever look at, the people on here are just the best. If they are selling them new for 399 why would any body buy a used one? I was going to go look at it tonight but now I have ro reconsider, or reallly give the guy a low low offer.

Thank you,

FLEX

I have that same one, and I bought it BRAND NEW with oars, and those sponge things to carry them with for $695 (incl tax). That was 6 years ago though.

It's pretty heavy for a canoe (fiberglass), but really stable and perfect for fishing.

I have a 15' watson canoe and have had it for 2 seasons, bought it used and probably have paddled 500km with alot of rock scaping and drops down ravines. I love it! Its lightweight, balanced and does everything i want, but i also only paid $350 for it used...