Fishing in hamilton

frozen-fire

This coming weekend looks great in terms of weather!

My girlfriend has been wanting to go to Hamilton for a weekend for quite some time now. She found a site that listed many waterfalls to go to in and around hamilton. Figured it's a great way to spend some time outside, walking some trails and practicing on my photography. Recently got a tripod for my DSLR, so i'm ready to take some nice long exposure waterfall pics :)

Majority of the creeks and streams forming the waterfalls I don't think hold many large fish.

Are there any rivers and creeks in that area that I can access for some fishing as well?

I'm willing to catch anything, but looking forward to more smallies as I got into a few a couple days ago and the fight is unbeatable!

Thanks for any info!

I've gone on walks with my daughter to see some of the waterfalls and it's a great way to spend a day hiking and picture taking. Enjoy your time Frozen-fire! Make sure your camera batteries are topped up!

You're right, you won't find the streams filled with fishies thought. If you'd like to get some fishing in, you might consider heading over to Hamilton Harbour Bayfront Park. Lots of Shore access to cast from all the way to Williams Coffee Pub and the Marine Heritage Centre. Sheepshead, Carp, Bass, Pike, Perch, Sunfish are all present. Plus, the two of ya can take a break and enjoy some grub at Williams or Hutches down there.

Edited by Mike Pike