gps with european maps

gino

Hello!

I will need a gps for my nex month trip to Europe and I don't know what's the best option...buy a gps with european maps already installed from the manufacturer( ..i asume it will cost more..)...or to buy a gps and then buy the maps as an upgrade...it will work this way? if anybody had this experience i will need some feedback...

thanks

Hello!

I will need a gps for my nex month trip to Europe and I don't know what's the best option...buy a gps with european maps already installed from the manufacturer( ..i asume it will cost more..)...or to buy a gps and then buy the maps as an upgrade...it will work this way? if anybody had this experience i will need some feedback...

thanks

I have a garmin 255 that I use everyday for work. I bought the european maps on sd card which will work in all garmin units. I am planning on selling it after using it for 4 days in france. I'll be back in time for when you need it. I paid over $150 + tax for it. I plan on taking a small hit when reselling it. Would you be interested in buying in? you can sell it after you use it too as it'll be cheaper than buying it yourself for $100 US$ and downloading it on your own unit which can't be re-sold. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested as I won't be on here for a few weeks.

Mark

I have a phone with GPS capability and I am running TomTom on that. For my last trip to UK i downloaded the UK maps from isohunt (P2P sharing) and used them for free. You can check the isohunt as they have plenty of cracked maps available for various devices.

If you don't have a GPS already, buy GPS with the map of specific country/region you are planning to visit as they are much cheaper then buying for whole continent Europe.