Owls Nest Lodge on Trout Lake

Mark Bleau

Williams Whitefish has been a very dependable lake trout lure for me over the years.

If you're staying at this lodge, could you maybe give them a call and see what they recommend for their lake? Some lodge owners are very forthcoming with information, although over the years I've found a few who were pretty tight-lipped. :)

most spoons 3-4 inches work well,may have to experiment with colours,don't be surprised if you tie into the odd muskie,I have been going to Trout for 10 years,beautiful place with good variety of fish. There was a 34 lb Laker taken there last year.I always stay at Silv'ry Moon,you may want to check it out while your there.

Thanks guys I did call the lodge but the guy told me he didn't fish for trout because he didn't have the equipment.Fish and Chips thanks for the insight anything else you can add about trout lake would be great,like if there is anything there to be careful of or look out for.I have never fished this lake before or know anyone who has.Also maybe a certain place on the lake to start fishing.Just thought I could sneak that in there,ha ha

Uh-oh, but he would know what his guests are catching and what they're catching them on, you would think.

Anyway, I don't know the lake myself, but I hope you can get some good starting points on tackle and fishing areas before you get there.

Good luck!