Mississauga Fishing

i2edwings

Hello OFC community, i am new to this website but i love fishing, recently me and my friends have been going far to fish for pike and bass and i was just wondering if there are any spots in Mississauga to fish for these types of fish?

Any help would be much appreciated and im happy to be on this website now :D

Thank You

There is a small pond on the west side of highway 10 north of Snellgrove, there are small bass and pike there. good to kill some time if you want numbers. Sorry I dont remember the name of the park but just there is a bridge for bike riders that crosses hwy 10 just south of the park.

snelgrove is the north part of brampton, on highway ten, the pond is on the left side, more into caledon. there's a little pond by my parents in meadowvale called lake aquitaine. there was bass, and my dad said he caught small trout there

tambo

I think he's referring to Ken Whillans. I've driven by it many times (on the way to Island Lake or Euge) but never stopped in. Heart Lake has bass, or at least it did back when I was a teen and would ride my bike there and fish from shore. Loafers Lake used to have some largies in it to. I was a young boy back then when they dug it up and it filled in. The creek that runs beside it also would have the occasional bass when the spring floods raised the water level way up. Professor's lake has largies for sure. Major Oak pond is tiny but has largies, seen a kid catch a 3 lber out of there. Centennial Pond in Etobicoke has largies in it. Lake Aquitaine as mentioned has bass. Various pools of the credit have both species of bass.

Good luck.

There are "No Fishing" signs posted on shore in the marina itself, but the rest of the area seems like they would allow it and I've seen people fishing there this year. Did not see any bass or pike in the marina, just lots of bait.

Charles