Nanticoke Lake Erie.

was out on the lake this weekend, we were in behind the plant in nanticoke. in the past this has been a hot spot for bass, as for this weekend, not so hot.

although we caught about 30 large size perch, not so much bass. i was able to land one silver bass, but for a well known area for bass, i was a little disappointed.

now i talked to a local later that day, and he says that he herd it was because the plant was shut down for the year. does any body know if this is really the case or is there a better reason?

for people that dont know this area, the plant uses the lake to cool the machines down, sending a warm water back into the lake, which is apparently why the bass like this area so much.

please, can i hear your input? & thanks very much

Clofchik was probably there....electroshocked them, and netted them all for garden fertilizer :lol:

(just havin a little fun Clof)

Lol, it's not that I HATE bass......I'm just....indifferent.

I haven't fished Nanticoke in years, but generally fishing around power plants is better the colder the lake water is. The plants are limited to how warm their discharge temp is, could be the lake water is almost the same temp as the discharge so fish spread out in the lake more.

And I think only a few of Nanticoke's eight generators is shut down at any one time to upgrade them, McSquinty promised the tree huggers to have the evil nasty coal burning plant shut down by 2009 but that's not going to happen for awhile.