fishing spots - ottawa valley

kudzu026

I drove through the ottawa valley several times last week(hwy60/7/28/41,etc) and really enjoyed the scenery a regretted not bringing my rod along. I live in the GTA but am going to go fishing & camping somewhere in the valley this coming wednesday until Friday/Saturday. I have never fished or camped in the area! How is the area around renfrew? I passed some gorgeous rivers/streams in that area and it looks like you can pop a tent up anywhere you'd like in the area. Any suggestions on where to camp or fish or both? Looking to fish for walleye/bass/pike. Thank you all very much and i look forward to your responses

also, i will be fishing from the shore unless someone has any recommendations for where to rent a boat.

I only go fishing a couple times a year and am just looking for some suggestions on which rivers/streams to fish....i am not asking anyone to give up their secret spot but instead to guide me in the right direction

thank you all so much!

ps. hopefully a place we could through up a tent right by the river and spend the night.

I went last year to lady evelyn and had a blast but we had a boat at that time.