You shall now call me Captain Hook

ciceri

lol awsome read expecially at 3:15am! lol

at least it only took you an hour to get in.. If that was local for me it would be like a 3 hour wait!!

ahh come on, port hospital is amazing! in and out with amazing service!! oh I forgot we lost it :)

I guess its off to welland if we need it! with a hook in the thumb like that you'd bleed to death before you where even seen by a doctor there!!!

same thing happend to me last year first fish bring it in lip it and boom, first thing through my mind, damn, do i got to the hospital or rip it out and keep fishing. We ripped it out and god did it hurt but was fine after and turned out to be a good night

That's why I don't mind looking like a total weenie when I'm trying to lip a fish. A single hook is no problem but with 5 or 8 points all just waiting to be driven into my poor unsuspecting body by a thrashing fishy I go slowly. It's not that I mind sticking my thumb in a fish's mouth. It's that I tend to get really really wimpy at the first sight of blood, particularly my own. I have a huge threshold of pain tolerance but zip for blood. I have to close my eyes to eat a rare steak.

JF

I never really thought about it, but I never "lip" any kind of fish to unhook it. Too much experience with pickerel and pike I guess, and too little with bass. I always take a firm grip around the body before unhooking the critters.

Lipping bass always looked kinda cool to me, but I don't do it. :)