Binbrook Conservation Area

Hello all,

I live near Binbrook Conservation Area and want to go fishing there. I know how to get to the Tyneside entrance and also the main entrance. I am looking to fish for Crappie. Can anyone tell me of any particular spots on the lake that are hotspots for Crappie and also what tackle (live, lures, etc. - no preference) would be ideal to catch Crappie. I have been there a couple times at the Tyneside entrance fishing down the trails but have had no luck, I assume because of the fact I am new to fishing I am not going to the right spots or using the right stuff. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone.

Anglers2Be...

hey there.

i like fishing at binbrook.... lots of luck with small mouth aswell, another 3 weeks and bass season is open. but to answer your questiong about crappy... im your man!~ ive hadd the best luck in my favorite spot there.... if you go to the side of the lake where whitechurch road is....walk dirrectly infront of the gate down the rocks and fish right in that area. ive had some luck with silver spinners, mepps or something simular.

Good luck and post a report of your actches.... there will be catches. take some pics if you can.

I don't live to far from Binbrook either, I haven't caught many crappie from shore but I took my old boat out once with just the electric ( wasn't easy launching a 17 footer at Binbrook! )and managed to get into a pocket of crappie behind the small island. It was non-stop for a couple of hours with white jig heads and white twister tails. Sold the boat but I am looking at maybe getting an economical inflatible with a cheap electric to fish areas like Binbrook and Mountsberg that have really good fishing if you can get on the water.