Help!Bay of Quinte -Where do I start/Launch?

Hey Guys/Gals,

Finally going to take my chances and hit Quinte. Never been there before but I have herd great things about the area. Could anyone please help me out with some advice/suggestions about where to launch(early morning so public would be prefered). We are targeting Walleyes, and or Pike. Keep in mind I Have never caught a Walleye, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

where do I launch?

what depth will the pickeral be this time of year?

thanks in advance!

You should start with a really good map of the area!

You can stop in and see Sam at Carra Outdoors in Belleville for the latest tips and info... a great guy Sam is!!! :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.carraoutdoors.com/

I'm not that familiar with the area, but I've been there once... and I seem to remember there being a public launch at the Ferry in Picton.

Take lotsa pics and post a report here so we can see how you did!

Edited by GCD

Depending where in Quinte your main goal area is.. and which direction your coming from... I would even recommend launching in Brighton, and trolling through the canal on the way to BOQ.. I see people there often hitting Walleye, and even alot of pike. Bottom bouncer and worm harness will get you pike and walleye from shore on the Canal on the Brighton side..

Theres a public launch where Ontario St & Harbor St connect in Brighton

Edited by Miller Photo

Welcome to OFC, cadet. I am not up on Quinte, but some good advice is to get a fishing map of the area. Then study the map and do some Quinte walleye searching. There are plenty of topics about this that will educate you on the waters and their habitat...

Get to know the species you are going after. The search feature can steer you in the right direction...

Good Luck and keep those lines tight!!!

Will

Edited by Nippissinger

Thanks GCD,i'll be sure to post the pics when I get home.

we were thinking of Picton area, I'm going early so carras will be closed guess ill just search out a launch, or ask a local.

I have researched pikeral, even spent many days jigging, trolling and casting for those elusive buggers, kind of getting the feeling they maybe extinct :blink:

thought maybe the experts on this board could point a brother in the right direction...seeing as im driving from Mississauga and won't get much time to fish this season.

Im not asking for your spot , just need a starting point to where i might pop my cherry ... :thumbsup_anim:

No worries as I don't mind helping if I can...They are elusive and can be stubborn just like other predators...

I have only been lucky there once a long time ago. I like river mouths, pools at bottom of rapids, or edge of weed beds along drop offs for jigging... They like chasing the jig up the ledge into the weeds...I shouldn't have chimed in as I am not familar with Quinte waters.

I have a detailed map of the whole of 'quinte with HOT SPOTS if you would like me to send you segments of it.

I am always willing to share and I always hope for success as I don't get up that way at all, but now that I have a boat again and some time, I am looking forward to trying my luck...

I mean no harm, just out to have fun...

tight lines...

Will

Edited by Nippissinger

Thanks GCD,i'll be sure to post the pics when I get home.

we were thinking of Picton area, I'm going early so carras will be closed guess ill just search out a launch, or ask a local.

I have researched pikeral, even spent many days jigging, trolling and casting for those elusive buggers, kind of getting the feeling they maybe extinct :blink:

thought maybe the experts on this board could point a brother in the right direction...seeing as im driving from Mississauga and won't get much time to fish this season.

Im not asking for your spot , just need a starting point to where i might pop my cherry ... :thumbsup_anim:

I'm trying to burst your bubble ONPB, but the Wall-ice can be highly elusive on the BOQ too!

Here's an opener report done by a member here back at the beginning of the month.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...c=31678&hl=

found a board called quite fishing, i think i'll launch out of deseronto. that board has some great reports and advice that i was looking for,

Nips... thanks for the info, could you send the maps, my email is [email protected]

GCD...I love a challenge and from what ive read about the last few days there, the fishings been hot,

Hopefully after tommorow,,im a Wallyvirgin no more. :clapping:

Thanks again guys,