Any Flyfisherman in the Kenora area?

Jeff S

Hey Jeff,

Im in Dryden. Pretty close to Kenora...what exactly are you looking for...i have a fishing buddy who lives in Kenora...he might be able to helkp ya...i just need to know what it is your looking for...i think he's fly fished a couple of times....you looking for info or hook ups...or both....lol

Limeyangler

Thanks for the reply. Guess I should say I was really into fly fishing in southern Alberta both streams and still water. There was a group of us in Medicine Hat that would get together and head out to Crowsnest Pass area and fish for few days. Other times I would head to the Bow river and others to fish. Met some great people along the way.

So when I moved back to Kenora (hometown) I still wanted to stout fellow. I remember growing up here and there were a number of fellows that fly fished but they seem to have disappeared. It is odd considering the MNR stock a number of lakes in the area with brookies and rainbows. In another posting I mentioned Percy Lake and Emerson Lakes which are both stocked lakes and look like great Fly Fishing areas.

What I figured was to met some of the local ffishermen and maybe do so fishing together and trade patterns

Edited by Jeff S