Jackies 1st ever perch

nautifish

Well this grl has been out & doing alot of fishing these last couple of days....Yesterday was just nasty with the frikkin north east wind again and it was blowing pretty good down on the water but we decided we would still brave the elements...lol

Jackie got into her 1st ever perch yesterday morning & i really wish i had got it on video it was so funny....

Here are a couple of pics.

Jackie coming back to the van with the minnows her and sinns had just caught.

Minnows are in thick just about every where right now.

jackieminnows-1.jpg

Jackie with her 1st ever perch.....She was a female and just loaded with eggs....Jackie wanted to take her home and eat her....lol..I said no too let her go SO SHE could make lots more little perchies....lol

She was not very happy about that i told her there will be plenty of time to get out and catch more perch and take them home for supper.

Here she is ...

jackies1stperch.jpg

We packed her in around noon as sinns had to get home grab a bite to eat and head to work and jackie had to get back home to brantford after spending three day's with her second mom...lol...

So i asked my eldest if he wanted to go fish with his mom yesterday afternoon and he jumped at the chance which surprised me......It was nice having some mother son time alone yesterday by the water.....

Here is my eldest son..

mysonfishingwithhismom.jpg

jamiefishing.jpg

This morning i was up at the crack of dawn and dropped my son off at work. I then headed down to the peir which was around 6.45am quite a few guys out fishing the pier this morning but nothing being pulled in.....

I then headed back home dragged sinns out of bed....lol...We both had a quick bite to eat then headed down to the peir.....We had not been there ten minutes when sinns pulls in a perch.

I thought well this is great maybe this is going to be a good day.........

sinnsperch.jpg

Yeah reet......Another hr passes and fish on again....Again it was sinns by this time i had maybe had two nibbles that was it....lol

Sinns pulls in a nice sized bullhead..

sinnsbullhead.jpg

So it was 2-0 to sinns this morning.....Noon hr seemd to approach real fast and we were packing her up.......Was a beauty morning out there today and looking forward to getting out again in the morning......

Also wanted to share this picture.....We have a mama & papa duck that allways visit our back yard every year stay have babies then we do not see them again till next year.

Well there back.....They were both swimming on top of the tarp of the pool last weekend........When i took this shot i think they were wondering when the hell are these people going to open this d**n pool up?...lol

mampapaduck.jpg

Also does anyone know what bird this is?

Took this here in Dover yesterday.

bird-2.jpg

Is it a bufflehead?