The Bog yesterday afternoon

Josh Rogers

Hey fellas, Made the trip down to the bog yesterday, figured I might as well give it another try after getting skunked there last year. I talked to the guy at the causeway bait shop and he says that guys are cacthing a good number of 'eyes. Got on the ice and talked to a local he said the bite was slow yesterday, and from what I experienced it was, except for about a 5 minute flurry of 2 fish. About an hour after we got there my buddy hooked into something big. Snapped him off right away. figured it was a musky. Then nothin for about 1.5-2 hours. Had one bite that stole my minnow then nothin again. Finally at about 5:15 hook into a small eye about 15 inches. Just got him onto the ice and another minnow on my williams and jigging and wham another fish. Felt like a good one so I was getting pretty excited. after about a 5 minute tussel a 3 lb musky comes up through the hole. Very surprised to catch him as I was only using a half inch williams and 1.5 inch minnows. Fun none the less though. Oh by the way the musky that I caught was pretty silver is that the norm for Scugog?

ATF