Whiteman's Creek.

Pavel

Looking to see what people use in regards to fly rods for places like Whiteman's Creek and other smaller creeks for Brookies and small Rainbows and Browns. I am not sure if a 2Wt is to light and a 3Wt would be a better selction? Also what length of fly rod is used in these tighter quarters type fishing, 6',6'6",7' or7'6"? Thank you in advance for all responses. If there is any specific rod that you may suggest please include.

I use a 3wt 6' St Croix for small creeks. A 3wt is an extremely light rod - I think you'd be surprised. In my opinion a 3wt is not too heavy for anything. You'd probably find a 2wt to be unnecessarily light and a very limiting rod to have.

If you had an 8wt and a 3wt I think you'd find yourself well covered for virtually all freshwater conditions you'll face.

I have a six-foot, three weight GL2 I bought at Grindstone Angling several years ago. It's super-light ... kind of feels like you're holding a pencil with a cork grip.

It took some getting used to, and I hooked my hat a couple of times (and my ear, once) while getting accustomed to the shorter length. Awesome rod on smaller waters though, and I've landed some surprisingly big fish on it.