Cabela's Prodigy Round Baitcasting Reel

leighfns

Hi everyone...

I was looking to pick up a baitcasting reel for my swimbait rod. While searching I ran into the Prodigy Round Baitcast reel on Cabelas site and it seems really interesting (I have a gear aquisition problem). I know the low profile version of this reel is basically a Daiwa Advantage. Does anyone know if Daiwa also makes this one? If so do you know what model and if it is any good?

Thx, Leigh

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I think you are right... Check out this Ryobi Varius

ryobi sold their fishing division a few years back so it's hard to say exactly how their new products compare. That's the reason they've dropped out of sight in our stores. In the past though, they put out some top quality gear with a reel or two retailing close to $1000. knowing nothing else though, i would go by the user reviews and make a judgement from there. Besides that, i think Cabelas has 60 day return policy on cabelas branded items. try it and keep only if you like it.

I bought a Prodigy spinning reel last year. As you mentioned, it is a re branded Diawa. I'm happy with mine.

The new spinning reel is a reworked Exceler, the older prodigy spinner is a Capricorn. They usually add a bearing or something before they get a reel store branded so, in a way, they're all better value than the originals. you won't go wrong with their C5, the revo SC, and prodigy baitcaster either.