Time to put my Ice Fishing gear away...

Well... while I didn't get a chance to spend as much time on the ice as I wanted to this season, I made a point to get out Friday after work and Saturday for a couple of hours here on the river before packing the gear away for good... :Gonefishing:

The ice is deteriorating very quickly and the main channel is wide open now from the Chats Falls dam downward...there's still 21" of ice in the bay, but it's not good ice.. So after looking out the window this morning and listening to the forecasted rain this week, I've decided to put the ice gear away and start getting the Trout gear ready :thumbsup_anim:

Even though I didn't catch many eyes the past couple of days, it was just pure heaven sitting out on the ice, with no one else around, watching and listening to the hundreds and hundreds of geese flying over my head while having a pop or two...

Here's a few pic to share... :canadian:

Nothing like being on the ice after a busy week in the office....

IMG_0033.jpg

Geese coming in to bed for the night on the open water...

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Beautiful blue sky on Saturday....it was great waking up to the sound of geese flying overhead :canadian:

IMG_0048.jpg

This little guy decided to come up and say hello...

IMG_0038.jpg

Then, minutes later this little guy followed...

IMG_0045.jpg

The sky was littered with Geese....hundreds of them flying by!!

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

I even had my boys come out to visit me and smell some Pike slime...

IMG_0057.jpg

Home sweet home...

IMG_0044.jpg

The view of the river this morning....the skating rink looks like its done...

IMG_0059.jpg

Here's a few pics from a week ago up at a trout lake....the trout weren't to cooperative but it sure was nice to be up in the bush....the shoreline was really breaking up and the creeks were flowing...there was 2" of black and 4" of white ice making it not to comforting :w00t:

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

BRING ON THE SOFT WATER!!!!!!!......

Steve

:lol: we up here probably have 4 or more weekends left to ice fish before it starts to get dicey. First ship of the season came into Thunder Bay this past week with help from the icebreaker, and it is sitting well outside the harbour and breakwall right now in pack ice, not at a terminal. Might be a week before it can take on a load of whatever it came up here for, or offload what it brought up.

Haven't seen any geese yet, probably still 3 weeks for them to come through, usually around Easter first flocks are seen.