River Boundaries?

Photoz

:angel:I know this is kinda technical, but nonetheless, important, since the new trout limit laws came into effect . . . 2 trout limit in the trib . . . 5 trout limit in the lake . . . when breakwaters and piers are put in place, PAST where a stream USED to enter the lake, what is considered lake & what is considered river? A good example . . . the last 100' of Ganaraska runs between a concrete pier & a man-made line of big boulders, with Lake Ontario on both sides. Bowmanville Creek is similar, but is directed into Lake Ontario, by 2 artificially made riverbanks, than run close to a half kilometre into the lake. If you fish in the river, 2 trout are the limit . . . if you fish in the lake, you have a limit of 5 . . . I see NOTHING in the regs that define how you would determine the boundary line . . . any suggestions where this info could be found? (I have no interest in taking 5 rainbows home, and I agree 2 is a fair limit, but there are STILL lotsa people who will take 5.) :whistling:

Thats a tough one photoz.

I think you'd be best to contact MNR for proper clarification

Here is some info that may be of use, but may not. It is more related to zones 13 & 14 than it is to zone 20. It does give clarification however of where the river ends and where the lake begins for several rivers in zone 16.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsF...age/198482.html

Again, you'd probably be best to check with the MNR directly though

if you plan to surf cast, i would be pretty sure that you would be casting out towards the lake and not the river. If you were to cast right in the river than your limit would be two. Chances are if you are fishing the lake you will be surf casting. (just dont cast toward the river)