Lure making question

Maverick

Just a quick question about spinnerbait making. I have all the material but the blades. I was wondering what size blades an average sized 1/4-5/8 oz spinnerbait has on it. I found this pretty good site for lure making material here and it has a good blade chart here. I don't have any of my own spinnerbaits where I am now, they are all at the cottage so I have nothing to measure. I was just wondering what size the small blade should be and what size the large blade should be. Any tips about making your own jigs and spinnerbaits would be helpful as well.

Oh and has anybody tried to power paint flipping jigs, the ones with the plastic weed guards on them? Just wondering if they'll melt when heated and baked, I imagine they would.

Download the "Guide to Lure Making" from the same website. In the spinner bait section they have a component chart that offer recommendations based on the size of the lure & the type of blade being used. I think it's on about page 45 or so.

Not sure about the jig painting question as I have only powder painted jigs without weedgaurds. If you preheat the head enough though you do not have to bake it.

Good Luck