Boat show report

Radnine

Hi all,

We went to the boat show yesterday and had a great time.

I am happy to report that the show was more or less the same as last year (I was worried that it might be too pricey for some vendors/manufacturers to make the trip).

My brother-in-law found two-for-one coupons at Home Hardware so the going in price was $7.50.

I was looking for an auto inflate vest (Mustang 3053) and the prices at the various dealers ranged from $249.00 to $199.00. So as usual you have to shop around.

Like Dan reported on the other thread, my boat was listed at about $5000.00 more than I paid last year. And the only change in the boat was that they added a horn. Which means either Crestliner thought this is not the time for expensive tooling changes, or, why mess with perfection? I prefer to think of it as being the latter.

The highlight of the show for me though was talking to Charlie Wray. I was just looking at a new Crestliner when Charlie walks up and says "Do you have any questions about the boat?" I was like "wow man!" and we just gabbed about fishing and boating for the next half hour or so (fortunately it was early and not yet busy). I have had lots of brushes with celebrity in the past, but this was my first time talking fishing with a pro and it was a thrill. Charlie had helped me out with some email questions when I was looking for my boat last year and we share the same dealer, so we had lots to talk about. It is the day after and I am still jacked about it; What a great guy.

Any how, be sure to check you local HH for those coupons.

Jim