Fleming College

MCTFisher9120

Mike,

Not sure if you are still considering the Natural Resources Law Enforcement Program at Fleming or not but I thought I would give you some incite as a recent graduate of the program.

The NR law program is indeed a great program. If you are interested in pursuing a career in Natural Resources Law Enforcement this is the best program to take.

This program is highly regarded though out Canada for its ability to produce knowledgeable graduates.

One of the big bonuses of this program is that it will give you a great base for any law enforcement job. Students that graduated in my class have found work as Park wardens (in both Provincial and Natural parks), RCMP officers, Environment Canada officers, Correctional officers, and some such as myself have found employment as Fishery Officers. (In fact out of the 8 Fishery Officers in Ontario, 6 of them graduated from this program)

I would recommend that you not limit yourself to CO Jobs in Ontario as these are very difficult to get. If however you are willing to move, or consider law enforcement positions other than an Ontario CO, this is by far the best program to take. The courses field work and class room portions will prepare you for the realities of a Law Enforcement career.

If you have any interest in talking to any of the programs past grads I would highly recommend that you contact Mark Riemenschneider (705) 749-5530 ext. 3394 the program coordinator. He would be more then happy to connect you to a past grad.

Good luck in your studies Mike!

I went to SSF and took the aquaculture program, but now I'm electrician and can afford to fish. Great school, meet and I'm still friends with some great people, teacher are good, its a community unlike any other college I've been to and I've graduated from 3. Its the only collage I went that had around 2000 students and could put together 20 intramural hockey teams and each team had to have 2 girls. A community is a great way to describe it at least it was 15 years ago it was. Even though I never worked a day in aquaculture after a graduated I don't regret spending the time or the money. Look at it as a place to start building a career, because after you go there other opportunities and ideas will come forward you never even thought of. Education is never a bad idea.

Edited by Walshskie