Near Miss Today - Toasters and Smoke Alarms-nf

douG

Lew,

I knew that I could count on you to convey my idea with a little more umph. Thanks for fighting the fight, you always do. God Bless.

Friends, Check your CO (carbon MONOXIDE) detectors, and test your smoke alarms with a cigarette or length of smoking hemp rope or cotton string. Or not. Why bother to test and maintain some cheap 40$ piece of junk imported from the Orient? What could possibly happen? Of course there are batteries in there, I am pretty darn sure. Ya, what am I, an idiot?

• 1 month later...

Are the promises made and action tasks, like, done, er wha'? There are some folks that claimed to need work on their alarms, and inquiring minds need to know that the stuff has been done. I know that I have replaced and tested 3 smoke alarms since Christmas, and they all check out fine. CO detectors - we have one near the furnace and one on the bedroom floor- have also been thrown out and replaced.

Remember the part about me being the idiot. Anyone is welcome for their turn next. This is one of the jobs you will never be thanked for doing. Just imagine the downside on the alternative.

If you don't do this important maintenance, Lew and the Firefighter crew will be stopping by, and they might speak sharply. I can deal with the muddy boots, but it's the mustaches and great big axes that are really scary, let me tell you.

Edited by douG

Yes Doug I got the shopping done and the wife was happy.

But on anotehr note to go with your story over the Christmas holiday a good friend and co worker of mine called me on Boxing Day which I thought was weired he did not sound right I knew something was wrong and I was correct his house burnt down and has to be built from ground up again he was lucky kinda as the family as out doing the boxing Day shopping when it happened but his dog was at home sick and did not make it they have insurance and the cost is going to be covered.

That same night another friend and co worker called and said his daughter's house also burnt down she lived with his Ex they are both Ok but did not have insurance it was a rental house and they have nothing so dont forget to check the stuff Doug told ya about but remember to have insurance if yer renting you need it as the land lord's does not cover you and you will be the one out $$$ and all your memories.