Bay of Quinte Muskies

Guest steel'n'esox

Curious -- why wouldn't there be HUGE musky in a lake ontario like lake system. Aside from the walleye, there's lots of cisco/herring (i think) and salmonoids to eat.

There are huge musky in Lake O. Theres just not a lot of them. Probably because there is not a lot of good spawning habitat, and enough pike (witch spawn earlyer) to take the habitat that is there.

I think they are on the increase because I have fished ther for 35 years and have only seen a few up until 7-8 years ago and now I have seen 4-5.

My brother got a 48 incher in the trent at the mouth, I raised a nice 45 incher at the mouth of the Moira a few years ago.

Up river in the moira and trent there are good places with nice sized fish as well.

I really am surprised no one has popped a 50lber trolling toward the bath power plant in the fall while fishing eyes, St Larry isnt very far away from that.

For the brave at heart I have heard of large fish being hooked out near the Duck Islands...but thats a real needle in the haystack!

Edited by bucktail