What other trout baits do you use

okumasheffield

Guest skeeter99

yep been using the micro power tubes (before they were called that) for about 7 to 8 years in the early years guys wondered why u were catching all the fish LOL!! they are fairly well know now and used quite alot hence the fish are getting use to them

the micro twister tails work well, the micro minnows and even the power craw(micro) will all get fish, basically I use the same baits I use for perch on simcoe in witer time for salmon and steelhead in the sreams

kinda like how I use the floating bomber long A, balsa b's and swimbaits for bass and I put them on the downriggers and fish trout in salmon and boy are they deadly on the fish out there on the big lake

the best bait this year was a husky jerk in the orange color (suspending) not sure if the suspending mattered but man run that puppy at 65 over 100 to 110 and there was no time to even eat your lunch

basically anything bait that is in the same size of bait you are using now will work think outside the box and you will reap the rewards, kinda like running a 6 inch lead off your tube jig for smallies in the fall with a small fly attached to it *absolutely deadly* no missed fish at all and they would just destroy the fly most times and would not touch the tube, but once again this is very well know in the bass circles and is not new by any means but still to this day works real well on inactive fish you know are sitting on the bottom

my tournament partners call it the poor mans drop shot LOL!!!

Edited by skeeter99