Northern Ice

Pope29

Can anyone give me a heads up on the ice conditions on the northern inland lakes. Anywhere between Elliot lake and Wawa, I'm willing to travel a bit if I have to. Will be in Sault Ste Marie and fishing Sun and Mon if anyone wants to hook up to do some Speck fishing.

Pope

I have no idea what ice conditions are in that area. I'd imagine that smaller lakes would have 4" at the very least.

BTW....you can fish Tuesday and Wednesday as well if your campfire spews white smoke. It means you've been replaced back home and you no longer have a job.

I have no idea what ice conditions are in that area. I'd imagine that smaller lakes would have 4" at the very least.

BTW....you can fish Tuesday and Wednesday as well if your campfire spews white smoke. It means you've been replaced back home and you no longer have a job.

What a blessing that would be :thumbsup_anim:

Lots of safe ice on all the small to medium sized inland lakes. Went out last weekend just north of town. 8" of clear solid ice. Still, be careful, lots of lakes up here are spring fed and can have weak spots. We've had a bit of snow in the last couple of days so it could be hiding some bad ice.