Shoal Lake? Really the best?

thryb

Good day everyone,

I'm planing a fishing trip for next summer (I know im really early lol) with my dad. I really want to go somewhere special (within Ontario). I have heard a lot of good comment about Shoal Lake. Is it really the #1 fishing lake for bass and pike in Ontario?

Im also looking at the quality of the guides and food for the week. The price doesn't really mather, all I want is an unforgetable moment :)

If anyone has any comment about other really nice lake please let me know. Also if some of you been on a trip in Shoal lake I would like to know how how it was.

Thank you very much, really appreciate your comments.

I'm horribly biased towards Kesagami, and the guides are GREAT if i do say so myself (I am one)... lol

It's a Pike and Walleye outfit. Currently the webiste site is gawd aweful. But it is getting revamped as we speak. Prices on it are correct.

As far as lodges go price is the #1 limiting factor. It all depends on what you're looking for in a trip, accomidations and how long you are willing to stay. From what i have seen, i'd say 5 days to a week is your best bet for length. I have seen a lot of guest get shafted with 3 day trips due to bad weather in the north part of the province.

If you wanna chat more about it let me know.

I'm sure some of the other guys here will pipe in shortly.

-R-

i'm about an hour and a half drive from Shoal lake...heard some good things too...but only ever ice fished there for whitefish.....which by the way was spectacular...we limited out within an hour......i look forward to finding out how ya did...and if i make it up there before you next summer i'll be sure to post a report anyway....good luck.