Spanish River/North Channel

ctdd2006

......just got home. Fishing was slow yet fast. We were targetting eyes and boated lots of fish but only two eyes but both outside of the slot a 22.5 and a 26". Beauty fish. Weird thing, we didn't get any under the 16" slot but two other parties at the cleaning station only caught under the slot. Our nice surprise was half a dozen 18" plus smallies in 30 fow where we got our eyes.....also a pile a perch, some jumbos over 12 inches. Starting to heat up! Next week should be better!

Sorry.....I just saw this....I was up there 2 weeks ago........found some good spots, all in the Whalesback channel right near the mouth of the Spanish river. Some nice smallies, and a few pike......lots of eyes. Eyes were taken in one spot in about 20-25 FOW on worm harnesses attached to bottom bouncers.......others were taken in about 10 FOW just off a weed line using spinners and grubs. Most of them were in the slot with 2 being just over and 2 being just under.....found a lot of suspended fish too that wouldnt take anything if you hit them in the head with a lure.....in about 35 FOW....

Feel free to PM me if you want more specifics.....