Finally I can do a report

Bitsmith2k

Well after a brutal start to the fishing season, ruptured distal bicep tendon at the end of April (i still somehow blame you TBayBoy).. aside from a charter, once out with svukavics and a weekend up at rowing sunny’s cottage, fishing has been non-existent..

i've finally been able to get the boat in the water for some fishing, sorta.. spent a week up at Elephant Lake.. first day my motor was back to working flawlessly, after cleaning the carb... second day it left the wife and i stranded.. it wouldn’t turn over for the life of me, blistered my hands pull starting the damn thing. finally flagged down a guy fishing who generously towed us back to our docks.. had a mechanic up there take a look at it, told me it didn’t look good and to have someone local (Toronto) take a look after our vacation.. Sal at Discount Marine confirmed the other mechanics suspicion, and what i was burying in the back of my mind: motor is dead / not worth fixing.. the good news is that my wife didn't like the thought of being stranded ever again and she pretty much 'forced' me into buying a new motor...

so this past Monday i got to start the break-in on my new motor. i headed up to the bog with a buddy from work, member/lurker: wuman..

i'm sceptical of the bog as i've never actually caught anything there aside from a couple isolated rock bass..

we get to the launch and i don’t have my long bow line with me, just a 10' length of rope.. before backing up i yell out to wuman "hey!, when i start backing down, make sure you grab that line!".. i start backing down the launch and i notice the rope floating in the water, i turn around and wuman's standing there with his hands in his pockets waiting for an invitation to grab it.. hit the breaks. "you gonna grab that rope or what??". he kicks off his shoes and slides down the ramp, luckily he grabs the rope, which prevented him from falling completely in.. i laughed, onlookers laughed, wuman didn’t think it was that funny.. he had his phone and wallet in his pockets which got completely submerged.. sorry buddy, i'm still laughing about it..

when we get to our first spot, he decides that fishing in his undies would be best/quickest way to get his shorts dried out.. after about an hour he gets into a fish.. note he wouldn’t sign the release forms for the unaltered shot of his designer underwear image to appear here..

DSC00100.jpg

and his fish

DSC102.jpg

about an hour and a half goes by and i'm getting the feeling that i'll be wrestling with a skunk for the day as i'm having a hard time hooking up with even the small rockies that were pestering my lizard.. finally get a decent little tap, set the hook, and i'm on the board:

DSC00103.jpg

nailed a couple wgsf that didn’t get a picture and a couple more small bass over the coarse of the next hour:

DSC106.jpg

DSC107.jpg

it was a slow day, but good to be out on the water, and it gives me a tiny bit more confidence on scugog..

bait of choice for the day was white lizards.. i tried a bunch of colors of lizards and senkos with no luck..

thanks guys

To bad about the motor though... at least you got another one.

ya, now i gotta find time to put it to use..

Just how is it my fault you play rugby and don't have the common sense to skip a scrum the first nice fishing day of the year? :).

lol.. no doubt, if i had nothing planned, i wouldn't have got hurt :)