TRIB CHINNY REPORT

jdmls

Got out this morning with Dave and a couple other guys for some Chinny's...Alot of chocolate water out there today , but with a little searching we found em...Fresh Chinny's are a blast when they first come in the rivers..Hooked and lost 4 real torpedo's before I could finally land one...I took out the back up Okuma rod this morning knowing that anything I get into this early in the season is not going to be slugish and will lay a beating on my good St.Croix rod....Glad I did !!

Great Day out there today Dave....hopefully you landed a mamoth on the fly rod after I left !!

The one I landed causing a catastrophic failure....

P1020413.jpg

The release...P1020416.jpg

And what she left me with when all was said and done !!!! How's Okuma's warranty ?? Hopefully they are forgiving !! Hey Urban Angler, I am gonna need a copy of the recipt for the rod if you still have it, LOL !!

P1020420.jpg

Dave

Thanks for the day. Its was great. After you left we stayed in that spot and hooked into tons of fish. I think between the 4 of us there we must have hooked into high 40's . Un real,

Phil broke his rod as well, He was fighting a huge chrome chinny and it snapped. The fly rod was good today with Brown stone flies taking most of the fish...

Thanks again

dave

Guest Fishing For Life

No way!

I feel sorry for for your broken Okuma rod .. was it the Guide Select?

I switched mine to some cheaper Shimano medium-heavy rod @ 10' for river fishing now