Sunday Stoney Report

ozaibak1

Hi all, been hitting Stoney every 2 weekends this summer, been catching lotsa fish but no biggies to date. Was supposed to have the cottage this weekend but luck would have it friend was sick so cancelled. My sister has been wanting to fish since seeing my fish pictures, and I took her on her first fishing trip ever! What better place than Stoney lake?

I'm ticked off I left the camera here but am sure will get a bigger fish later. So start off near an island, teaching her how to drop a line in the water, on a shiny red hook with no bait. Whatcha know, this bass took the plain hook and got hooked! What a start :)

I find for beginners or lazy ppl, wacky rigging senko + drop shot weight is the way to go. She managed to hook 5 bass on her own, thats not bad! As for me, I got what I came for. I came for quality this time, not quantity. I got it on a jigged pink diamond tail yamamoto senko, my biggest bass on Stoney at about 3.5 pounds, nothin huge but for me it is. Think about 18 inches, was so happy to get it. Almost had a heart attack cuz my sister was havin a tough time netting it, I thought it would jump off for sure just like my last biggie on Buckhorn. Luck would have it, I got it! So all in all a great day, would of loved to take pictures, but I'm happy both my goal of a big bass and other goal of gettin sister hooked on fishin worked!

As was typical, the bite pretty much completely died after 11am. All our biggest fish were caught between 8am and 10am. Stoney lake tip, pink is a HOT HOT color right now, tight lines everyone. We caught our bass on a nice long shoal with a long dropoff on the side, and 3 small rock islands stickin out. When the big bass hit it felt like weeds or a small one, until it PULLED, half my rod was in the water for the fight hehehe. No rest for the wicked.

Edited by Bass Killer