Recreational Fishing in P.E.I: End of August

mooseroo

My wife and I are heading to P.E.I this month and wondering if there are any places people would recommend for a bit of shore/river fishing?

We've been to the island on numerous occasions, but only done the tourist charters for Mackerel/the odd Cod. This time we're looking to branch out and wondering if any one has experience out there.

Names of day/halfday charters that you'd recommend would also be of great help! We usually just pick one when we get there. Hoping one of you has had a great time on a boat and would like to recommend the captain?!

General tips welcome as well... newbie east coast fishing should be a good time! Can't wait!

Moose

Go to Bonshaw Provincial Park. Its polluted with small brookies and you can catch the odd big one downstream of the HWY 17 culvert. I had a great time fishing it while I was there for the day

http://www.gov.pe.ca/visitorsguide/index.php3?number=1009918

Another link that will get you a little bit more excited

http://hipwader.com/2003/pei-trout-fly-fishing

Edited by Musky or Specks

Very true, scuro. Fresh mackerel is very fine eating. Floured then fried, a little lemon or green tomato pickle. I even caught a few cod off Sambro pier.

If there are mackerel running, you will have a blast. Show up around dusk and look for locals.

As for charters, I spent many vacations as a chile in North Rustico, and recommend that place. In fact, I just came back. When you stop there, look at the RW grocery store and pick up whatever fresh baking you see . My aunt makes it every day, not to be missed, esp the meat pies on Thursday. Just tell her who sent you.