Chromium Guides (Fenwick)

Reef Runner

I hope everyone's fishing season is going well,

This weekend past I bellied up to the local LeBarons just to get a guide fixed on my baitcasting rod, but ended up walking out with a new rod, a whack of plastics and other items :lol: $$$$ :dunno: (seems to happen every time, lol).

Since my cousin bought the Fenwick HMX at the sportsman show, let me cast it a bit, I was hooked on the quality of rod and especially the chromium guides (perceived durability). I ended up getting a Fenwick spinning outfit earlier in the season and, this past weekend, an Eagle GT casting rod :thumbsup_anim:

Anywho, I did a search on here with respect to the Fenwick brand (which the majority gave good reviews), but found no comment on the chromium guides. Durability v. castability? Opinions? Experiences? How good is Fenwick's 5 year warranty? Customer services?

If ya got an opinion, and am as bored as I am back at work on a Monday, put yer two cents in the jar will yas? Much Appreciated.

Reefrunner

Hey reefrunner, the HMX is certainly a beauty and you will enjoy it!

I cannot comment on the difference between the SS304 stainless used on this rod vs. ceramic on many of my other rods. EXCEPT to say that all my ceramic equipped rods have a lifetime warranty whereas the Fenwick (SS304 equipped) is 5 years as you noted. Co-incidence maybe - or just that the ceramic equipped rods are a little older and the industry is moving away from lifetime warranties?

My concern would be the terrible customer service provided by Pure Fishing when an inferior product gets launched. I know some have been raving about "great" customer service with respect to the Gulp Alive leaking buckets. But come on - the leaking bucket problem (and cloudy juice) was widely known and it certainly appears that NOTHING proactive was done about it. To have someone incur the cost and hassle to return a leaking bucket to Manitoba for exchange is NOT "great" customer service - especially when this problem was known in advance. :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

I don't have a solution and just hope we don't have any issues with our Fenwicks :lol: