Easy Access Ottawa Fishing?

tbayboy

Hello everyone, especially our eastern Ontario friends :). I'm going to be in our nations capital this coming weekend celebrating a friends stag. Saturday morning/afternoon most of the guys are going to Mooneys beach for some volleyball but 2 of us want to strike out and get in a few hours fishing instead.

So my question is - does anyone know somewhere relatively close to downtown (1 hour drive tops) that either has shore fishing or cheapish rentals that don't require prebooking. The reason for the last criteria should be obvious - the stag starts Friday night and there's a very real chance we'll bail on the fishing Saturday morning :).

Any tips would really be appreciated. Doesn't have to be anything fancy - a shot at some bass would be fine (not enough space to bring up the musky gear thats for sure). I remember there being a small lake just a bit out of town with some bass in it but of course don't remember anything else about it :(

Thanks in advance

Sean

If you want to try for some CATS from shore then you can go to Victoria Island. It's located next to the Portage bridge. From the Ontario side, follow the bicycle path.

There's always people fishing there and you never know what you'll catch :)

Here is a link to it's location:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=vic...=1&ct=image

Hope this helps

Tight lines and good luck

Leechman

Thanks guys. I've double checked with my buddy and he wants to get out on a boat and go bass fishing so any recommendations for any local lakes/rivers that rent boats and that are easy for a couple hung over guys not from the area and without GPS to find?

Thanks guys. I've double checked with my buddy and he wants to get out on a boat and go bass fishing so any recommendations for any local lakes/rivers that rent boats and that are easy for a couple hung over guys not from the area and without GPS to find?

Constance Lake is considered one of the best self producing lakes in all of Ontario. At only 15 feet in depth it is abundant with Pike, Perch, Bass, Crappie and Catfish. It is about 30-45 minutes from downtown Ottawa. Contance Lake lodge (at the end of Contance Lake Rd) rents motor boats , row boats and canoes. Constance Lake is easy to find as well.

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing: