here perchy perchy perchy

blarg

Im curious, and i'm not actively looking for perch, though if i knew where to look i'd be happy to catch some, drifting for pickerel off of north bay, i've caught a grand total of 1 perch and no sunfish either. I have read that nipissing has alot of perch, i would have expected to catch some just by accident.

Generally where should i look for perch this time of year, what depths etc, and what techniques are people using? My neighbor has told me that years ago lots of perch were caught right off the marina in town, maybe like most things there just aren't many around now.

My kids like to fish, but like alot of kids my youngest gets bored when he's not catching or getting bites, id like to find some perch once in a while to keep him interested.

Im heading to NB too Friday for 8 days very simple to locate this fish,very simplistic setup as well. All you do is go into about 6-9 feet a little vegetation cast a simple bobber and a worm let it sit.If you end up getting little baby's don't give up,where the baby's are the Mommas and Pappas are. Last year on Nipissing i caught over 50 perch easily about 20 were good eating size. Hope this helps.

-Little Angler

np at all,the perch also if you just put your bobber out like 2 feet away from you boat tend to gather around and nibble if you hook em right youll get some small ones(if you have small children)just dont do what my family and i did last year we were trying to get my 3 year old sis a little perch ended up with a 3-4 pound bass almost snapped Barbey rod eventually it let go.Anything thing else P.M me

-Little Angler