Abu Garcia Revo line

Guest buick14

Guest buick14

Hi all,

Was wondering on your thoughts on the line-up. I have 2 revo premiers and 1 SX and people seem to bash me on the water. Its not that I care, because I have had no troubles with them yet, they are smooth and impressively light (well, the premier is)

I find that the STX and Premier are very very very difficult to tune in, and only need a little flick to get it out there, but backlashes are common.......

I am aware that these two reels have Infini-spool, and well its meant for lures with less weight....I currently have both premiers tuned into senkos, but when it comes to casting something a little heavier like a spinnerbait(which I use the SX for) it seems to not want to go as far as if it were a senko.....

??

Is it out of the question to cast heavier baits with an infini-spool system then it is without like the s and sx versions? I would hate to have a restriction to only light baits.....

PS I have had many years of practice with baitcasters, but never with infini-spool.....

Interested in hearing other owner input on the reels

Regardless of everything said, I really do like the reels I own, and the premier with a cumara is a great combo!!

Have a good day!

Is it out of the question to cast heavier baits with an infini-spool system then it is without like the s and sx versions? I would hate to have a restriction to only light baits.....

nothing wrong with that. A lot of companies make reels with the same design with their own name including bluewater reels.

Daiwa, quantum, and shimano use the same design concept, and I would wager all the reel manufacturers have an equivalent at this point, especially in the low profile models. The only thing i wouldn't do is use a burner ratio on heavier lures or lures hard pulling action unless you don't mind occasionally replacing the pinion and drive gears.