Fishing for fun

aali64

Hi,

I need fishing tips in Kitchener Waterloo region. I am brand new in this sport and don't know anything at all. I have grand river close to this place and I don't know the type of fish and bait (live or artificial) used for these fish types. Now I joined you and hope will learn from you a lot.

Have a nice day

hi, welcome to the board and to fishing!

if u wanna get into some carp or catfish i recomend tossing out some chicken livers, or globs of worms on a big hook with a big weight on her too. u'll catch somethign that way for sure..

you could also try lures, anyhthing really..

so far on the grand i have caught smallmouth bass, mooneye, catfish and sucker....had a carp on but lost it. there are bait restrictions on certain parts of the river and all catch and release but i think that is further down river...make sure to check.

seems everyone i pass has chest waders and some sort of minnow catching net ,access seems good as i see tons of shore fishermen....downstream of the rapids and deep holes seem to produce. bottom of dams are very busy, hope this helps.....have heard there are crappie and walleye too but have yet to get one on......rent a kayak or canoe and do the glenn moris to paris if u like some excitement if the fishing is slow the swifts keep u busy, maybe not a good trip if u have never paddled.lol