Charter

taper

We had plans to all meet at highway #4 and the 401 at 5:10 Sunday morning and all 15 guys were there on time and eager to get at it. We made a stop at the Dutton service center, which I think might just be the slowest McDonald's in the world, and headed for Erieau. We arrived at the boat around ten to 7, great timing, and met with Jeremy the owner of Trophy Taker Fishing Charters. After a short briefing we loaded into the three boats and headed for open water. It was a short trip roughly 9 miles West, set up lines and wasn't long before we were into our first fish, a nice size walleye for the pan. The day was fantastic, weather was great until about noon when the waves started to pick up, but even then they were still bearable. Only one guy out of 15 got sea sick. Back at the launch at three, the captains worked hard to fillet the days catch for us. I had also arranged for a local restaurant to do a type of shore lunch for us. We took some of our fish and they added french fries and coleslaw for $6 per person, can't beat those kind of prices. It was great, probably the best trout I have ever had and the walleye was just as good. I f you are ever in Erieau look up the Eau Bouy Galley. They are right by the marina and Cathy who I believe is the owner was great to deal with and treated our group excellent. That made it time for the ride home. After dropping every one else off and getting home myself it was 8:30 and I was beat, but it was all worth it. I would like to thank Trophy Taker charters for another fantastic trip, Eau Bouy Galley for some greta food and also Andrew from OFC for joining us and filling an empty spot when we had a late cancellation.

I didn't take many photo's but here is one, this is the catch for two of the three boats laying out together. Hopefully Andrew can add some shots he took.

gallery_682_194_8554.jpg

Well, the charter business is appropriately named. What a time that must have been!

I remember when you asked if anyone could join you guys because you had a spot to fill and I'm glad an OFC'r was able to take you up on it. I'll bet he's not sorry.

The deal with the restaraunt was a good one too. Nice touch to really complete the trip having your catch prepared and served to you over a few bevies and some good company.

Cheers!