Scenery shots from the weekend

evster

Thanks guys...that ones my fav as well.

I found my camera always gave landscape shots (or any shots for that matter) a dull grey overtone to them and with a jpg file its hard to fix without loosing quality. I managed to find a way to unlock RAW capabilities on my camera so now I can take those shots and correct the color after without loosing quality. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Question for you guys with the SLRs...when you shoot a RAW photo how long does it take to save to the memory card. My point and shoot camera takes about 5 seconds which gets a bit annoying, so i'm just curious if the higher end cameras do something to make raw shooting a bit more useful.

My camera will do roughly 2.5 per second. but after the third pic it really slows down. But my RAW images are anywhere from 8 to 19 megs. Really takes a while to upload them to the computer.

Which program are you using to convert the RAW images.

I'm playing around with ufraw and Raw Therapee, so far Raw Therapee has my vote (I like top try the free programs first).

I think the delay has to do with the fact my camera uses SD cards which are pretty slow, and the fact my camera wasn't supposed to have the ability to capture the raw files but someone made an upgraded firmware that opened up alot of possibilities.

I looked on the CD that came with my camera and it has a raw editor on it (Image Data Converter SR) I'll have to try some HDR's with RAW images. Gonna take much more time to get each HDR though.