Belleville Fishing?

smokinall4s

I just found out that my wife has to do some training in Belleville for the day tomorrow (wednesday). Since I am off to we decided to tag along for the day. My two kids also. I had heard that there is some good fishing there but only if you have a boat. We don't have a boat but I was wondering if there was anywhere to do some shore/dock fishing where the kids might be able to catch some fish? I know that it's short notice but I too just found out about this.

I was just wondering because if there is somewhere for us to fish then we'll take the rods but if not then we'll just do the tourist thing.

Thank you in advance and we hope that everyone is having a great Canada Day.

Goto corbyville and fish at dam.

Its just north of the belleville walmart (approx 5mins)

Look for the old distilery and you will see dam.

Good bass and pike fishing......

Use some 4 or 6 inch flap'n shads :)

Be carefull with kids....... As you would at any dam.

Edited by MoiraRiverMan

Would that be the dam that you can see right off 401 on the left hand side, going east.

I hope i am not confuing Belleville with Trenton.

I think that's the Trenton Dam your thinking of.

no not that dam.

This dam is in corbyville.

corbyville is about 5mins north of belleville.

I live on this river system but dont fish much at the dam.

I usally fish in a boat........ But do see lots fishing there.

Only made 10 casts there today and picked up a pike and lost a fair sized bass.

Rookie with bait caster........got a major birds nest and now have to respool it.

may make a habit of stopping there and casting with morning coffee :)

Edited by MoiraRiverMan

Hey MoriaRiverMan, We checked it out when we got there, around 11am and there were some people already fishing there so we went somewhere else. I don't like to take the kids fishing with other fishermen that I don't really know because some fishermen that we have fished around actually have complained that they shouldn't be there. I usually tell them to stick it, my kids can fish where ever they want to. If I had known that you were going to be there then we would have stayed to fish.

Congrats on your catches. I would like to get down there again because the dam does look like a good place to fish.

Would that be the dam that you can see right off 401 on the left hand side, going east.

I hope i am not confuing Belleville with Trenton.

That dam is on the moria river too.....

Just further down.

Dont recall seeing any dams off 401 in trenton but i could be wrong.

Hey MoriaRiverMan, We checked it out when we got there, around 11am and there were some people already fishing there so we went somewhere else. I don't like to take the kids fishing with other fishermen that I don't really know because some fishermen that we have fished around actually have complained that they shouldn't be there. I usually tell them to stick it, my kids can fish where ever they want to. If I had known that you were going to be there then we would have stayed to fish.

Congrats on your catches. I would like to get down there again because the dam does look like a good place to fish.

What kinda vechicle was it?

Sure it wasnt me?