walleye adventure help

kemper

Something I have wanted to do for a long time now is drive in to a semi remote lake/large river to fish for walleye. Im talking about the kind of place where I can go and know that the walleye are abundant and willing to bite all day long. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about where I might go in search of this place, hopefully within a 3 hr drive of the GTA.

If this is impossible, Ill take any suggestions and maybe drive longer if need be.

Oh, I promise ill bring shore lunch for you all!

thanks in advance

Something I have wanted to do for a long time now is drive in to a semi remote lake/large river to fish for walleye. Im talking about the kind of place where I can go and know that the walleye are abundant and willing to bite all day long. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about where I might go in search of this place, hopefully within a 3 hr drive of the GTA.

If this is impossible, Ill take any suggestions and maybe drive longer if need be.

Oh, I promise ill bring shore lunch for you all!

thanks in advance

It kills me how people think that stuff like this can be found within three hours of GTA. The kawarthas have plenty of walleye but thats as close as your going to get. If you looking for remote and plentiful you'll have to trvel farther. My choice would be Biscotasing-Ramsey Lake.

pretty muc hit it on the head for you Kemper.....If there was crazy walleye fishing 3 hours from Toronto , it wouldn't be crazy for very long , LOL !!

From what I have collected shore fishing the Grand is producing the most walleye right now.....that's only about 1:45 from the Shwa....

As the boys mentioned what you're looking for doesn't exist that close to T.O., especially a river.

The closest thing to what you want would either be the Upper Ottawa river, or the lower French, specifically the Bad River where it spills into Georgian Bay.

Lakes are a different story. There's literally countless opportunities if you're willing to drive further.

I'll agree with Ramsey/Bisco as well, great fisheries. There's a couple of really wicked lakes north of the Sultan Road as well ;) .

Okay, I thought that I may have been dreaming. I guess I didnt really think about the fact that I have BEEN 3 hours away many times, and Never found what I am looking for.

Whats the damage, how far do I have to go?

6? 8?