Lake O Report

bbog

Launched at Port Whitby for a day out in the sun and on the water. Very quiet mostly with a Rainbow caught early then two Chinooks later on. Was pulling the lines in when this one took a shot at the Spin Doctor.

chinook.jpg

Fishing in 125 - 200 feet of water with Spin Doctors/Spoons down 35, 45, 55 and 65. Rainbow hit a spoon at 35, the two Chinooks hit Spin Doctors at the deeper depths. Nice day to be out in spite of the slow action.

Guest Johnny Bass

Yes definitely a great day to be out of the water. That is until the lightning came. Thats a nice salmon. 4 salmanoids is a slow day??

Hey Clamp-it - we were out a couple miles and visibility towards shore was extremely limited. Upon coming in we did notice a few sailboats but not many really.

Hey Johnny Bass - we actually only had three fish from 8AM to 2PM and yes that is a slow day but not completely unexpected.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to length and weight? I didn't record it.

Guest Johnny Bass
Hey Clamp-it - we were out a couple miles and visibility towards shore was extremely limited. Upon coming in we did notice a few sailboats but not many really.

Hey Johnny Bass - we actually only had three fish from 8AM to 2PM and yes that is a slow day but not completely unexpected.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to length and weight? I didn't record it.

36 inches 22 lbs? But then again, I don't have much experience with lake Salmon.