Lower Lake Huron Report Port Frank's Ontario

I fished with my buddy Dave today, Our original plan was to fish on Lake Erie, once again Mother Nature changed my plans.... Hell Bent to fish we decided the south east winds shouldn't mess up Lake Huron too much so we went to Port Frank's. With meter high surf we went out and eventually had a 4 rod spread going. It did not take long for our first fish a smaller Coho. I was happy to send the skunk floating, before I new it we had another fish on!! This time a King!! After 2 double headers, we had landed 5 of 6 fish. 2 coho and 3 kings. The biggest king went home with Dave but the one I kept for the smoker was weighed in for the BWA club derby at Sarnia RV and went 11lbs 4oz not bad, the one that spit the hook sure looked like a horse!!! The fish are still there boys go get them.

The Nitty Gritty

Depth: 49-57 FOW near the bush

What: 2 Riggers with slider 2 Walker Deeper Divers All running in the top 22'

Baits Nitro Spoons 2800 Hit Man took all 5 landed fish and the lost fish as well.

nitro_222.jpg

nitro_223.jpg

nitro_224.jpg

Nothing like the drag screaming of Lake O Kings but I will agree that the smaller Lake Huron fish especially the coho have a very mild meat. In this years Bluewater Angler's Salmon Derby one just over 15lbs took top honours. A lot more coho were weighed in this year than in the past few. Things are looking up for the first time in a while with our Salmon fishery. A big one is still anything over 14lbs with the average being around 9lbs for a king. The Coho Salmon average around 3lbs. still lots of fun to catch. :canadian:

Edited by Nitro Man