Thornbury - Beaver River OPENING DAY Smallmouth

jdmls

Hey Guys, ok so I have been in withdrawl from the Pin since back in April and hopefully have found a way to get back out and use it again before the fall....I have heard from a few people now that there is a run of Smallmouth that come in to the Beaver for opener....Apparently guys float fish the pools the same way they do for steelhead but with a dew worm or leech ?? If you have fished it for the Bass opener, please give me some input as to if it is worth heading up their for the opener, and if this tactic I described is what you would recommend. Also which part of the river would be better to fish, the upper stretches by the dam or the lower slow sections at the outflow of the mouth ? PM me if you'd rather

Thanks Dave

You might want to give the Bighead in Meaford a shot as well if you're going to try for bass.

There is/used to be a Kids Derby on----last time I was there lots of small bass but you could get surprised sometimes.

i would do it if I were you. I fish the grand river near caledonia in the summer with my float reel and floats and have great success with dew worms.

I used to work in Brantford and spent some afternoons drifting pools with either a tube for bass or corn for carp. You can find tube hooks without weight or DIY jig hooks, I found you really want to try and get a tube drifting horizontal.