My Saturday report

Cudz

I wanted to go out in my small 12 ft boat and hit couch for pike and little lake in barrie for walleye/pike /crappie but weatther conditions were not condusive to allow me to sit in a small car topper. Had to use my buddy's 21.5 ft wakeboard/runabout instead. We left the barrie ramp at 6:30 and were fishinf just off the alcona slip (public launch area) at 7 ish. I fished for whitefish in water from about 60-72 ft for 3 hours without a bite. I was using a williams spoon and my buddy was drop shotting a 3 inch minnow.

We packed up and headed to the bottom of cook's bay (near keswick marina) for some pike. By this time the wind was already out of control. Threw out the 42' drift sock and the anchor and still was drifting quite rapidly. Anyway, I tried everything from swimbaits to jerkbaits to spinnerbaits to chatterbaits to lipless cranks and regular cranks (including some $20 lucky craft lures which I really don't want to lose). Nothing. Water was quite stained. By about 1 pm I was almost as foul as the weather so I hooked up a worm harness with a spinner and worm to catch some perch and maybe even a walleye. The drfit was so fast you didn't even have to reel. caught a few small perch. My buddy caught a small pike on the worm harness. We needed to get out of the wind so from 4 until 5:30 we fished the west side of cook's all the way up to Big bay point. We even trolled in 20 ft of water for about 45 mins.

After being on the water for about 11 hours we managed about 15 perch and 1 small pike.

I am getting frustrated with the winds on Simcoe.

Sorry to sound negative as I do but I have 3 small kids at home and i don't often get the chance to fish for a whole day. I was really disappointed with the weather. So hard to find spots and stay on them. Seems like everytime I get onto simcoe these days it is really windy.

jtpike.JPG

Edited by Cudz