garmin graphs????

brkygetr

OK so i need a new graph for the boat....I REALLY think I should get a Lowrance (from research I feel they are my best bet) but I have a Garmin GPS 76csx and I LOVE IT!!!!... greatest tool for the bush or water I have ever bought.... My problem then is that I want to keep my electronics compatible but I am not convinced with the Garmin site that their 'fishfinder' products are superior.

Anyone got any hard evidence to convince me otherwise?????

I got a wee under a week to figure it out...come Friday one of them is gonna be mounted shotgun!!!

thanks all

You're right. for fish finders, i think lowrance is better, especially their bottom marking capabilities. The closer to the bottom your target species is, the better lowrance seems to be at identifying them. For GPS, however, nothing on this planet beats garmin for handhelds. It has the most extensive mapping software of any of the gps's made for the everyday consumer. ...so i have 2 units rather than 1 gps/fish unit with a split screen. for handhelds, i've tried quite a few and garmin's mapping always brought me back. Right now, my pocket gps is the 60csx which is basically a non-floating version of the 76csx. I thought the 76 was just too big for the pocket. I also have the garmin BlueChart maps for 3 of the 5 great lakes which also covers a lot of the smaller lakes and rivers...each great lake is a separate pay region, if you know what that is. Amazing detail.