Help with a fly-in adventure in Cochrane

Folks, am new to OFC. Spent the afternoon reading through posts re Cochrane Air fly-ins. Very useful information and am glad to have stumbled across this webpage. My dad and I finally booked our first fly-in trip with Cochrane Air into Magiskan Lake in early Jun. Very excited. We used to fish Nipissing regularly in 70s/80s and have not really caught a decent amount of fish since then - the size and quantity of fish referred to in other posts is simply mind blowing!

Am looking for some advice:

- my rods are all medium action. We want to hit some big pike - should I be using a Medium Heavy or Heavy rod?

- read one post where someone wrote that the big lures/jigs/spinners are not as effective as small ones this far north - so am completely confused about what tackle to bring. I've stocked up on 1/4 and 1/8 jigs and plastics, and have a bunch of old williams spoons - what do you folks recommend?

- if we are aiming for the big northerns, what test line should we be using?

I have many questions - just spent 45mins on Cabelas looking at rods and reels and am completely confused! That'll teach me for not staying current with the new gear and techniques.

Thanks

chochrane is gator country some great eyes as well, will be headin up before the end of the month trying to avoid the hatch its a trade off cool weather or black flys.if you go early june the black flys will be in full swing and its hardcore thick black clouds.last year we left on the day they hatched they were still a little lethargic and not full bore but was still bad.bring a bug suit and lots of deet.on the plus side its beautiful and the fishing is world class huge numbers and quite a few monsters.as for gear personally ill be using mostly baitcast setups with 14lb-17lb test and wire leaders.rods are medium heavy action xraps and cotton cordell riplin redfin were the go to lures.williams wabler spoons while twitched were deadly pretty much any floating stick bait works great.if the water is warm enough pike cant resit spinners good luck.