Quantum Xtralite Tackle Tote

Anatz

I came home today and walked into my room and surprise, a Quantum Xtralite Tackle tote was on my chair. My brother bought it for me as a late birthday gift and I was so happy!

Here's the link to to the rod/reel combo

http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_sp08/fishi...rods_combos.pdf

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone owns one and can tell me what they think of it. Since I like to fish for bass and panfish, do you guys think a 4lb line is best suited for this rod/reel? Can this rod handle 6lbs bass without it breaking?

I can't wait to use this rod once school is over. This is perfect for me since I take the public transit to Grenaider Pond/ Toronto Islands.

Edited by Anatz

I have got carp well over 10 pounds on a ultralite rod so it shouldnt break ... if your going after big bass with it i would go with the 6lb test line. The 4 would be great for panfish but might be a little light to land a nice bass. Handy rod to have ...

I would say go with 6 lb test because that is good for panfish but will be able to land a decent bass as well, 4 lb test is great for sunfish but a good sized bass will either break you off or take 20 min to land (i know from experience). I might pick up one of those just to toss in my car so I can go fishing almost anytime! Looks like a nice little outfit

By the way, it's sold out @ Le Baron. My brother picked up the last one in store. I'm not sure when they will restock but I think you can order online. I can't wait to test it out. I've been reading about ultralight fishing rods and it seems very challenging and fun.

I've been looking around for different brands of line but I'm not sure which one is the best. I want something that can cast far, does not tangle and resistant to abrasion .