question about regulations

napjohn8

i have two questions which have happened to me in the past but never researched them.

I was fishing at the humber river at the lake and too a pike last may and in my boat i was in lake ontario however it ran into the mouth of the humber river. My question is this was before the season for pike opened for zone 16 but was open for zone 20. i did a catch and release. However what happens if your fishing a border where the fish is in season, then goes to the other boarder where it is out of season

2nd question was at centre island last year fishing for pike and had a bass hit my lure, not in season let it go, what are the rules when it comes to a non-season fish hitting your lure, i assume catch and release imediately.

Well,

Until we find away to prevent OOS fish from striking, all you can do is realease quickly. Best if you do not even take out of the water. If the CO has circum. evidence that you were targeting OOS fish and catches you, you are in trouble.

About the first question, if you land it in an out of season area, let it go. If you are concerned about this, give yourself a 200yard buffer to be safe.