Thought I was having a flashback to the 70's

pikehunter

Pulled into the local Canadian Tire this afternoon, as I was parking I saw a pickup pulling a small housetrailer and parking at the curb. The trailer was a 1970's vintage small house trailer, a Trillium, a compact trailer made in the '70's. The weird part was that it looked brand new! It was all shiny with brand new looking tongue, propane tank and battery box, the tires were perfect and there was no crud in the wheel wells.

I had to peek in the windows, they looked all new and sparkly too. Inside the fibreglass walls were all glossy and the upholstery was brand new!

Then a guy walks out of the store's service door entrance with the service writer from the counter.

I asked if it was new? Said, "Yep, they're making them again." Told him I thought I had just entered into a time tunnel or a different realm.

It was exactly that, a replica of the Trillium trailer. It didn't have the old style jalousie windows but more updated sliders, the whole trailer was impressive!

If you remember these little trailers from 30 or so years ago have a look here. They were similar to the Boler trailer from the same time period. If you find one of these trailers for sale today you will pay as much or more for one that is in good condition as they sold for new when new.

Trillium website

Moreinfo