Leonard Lake

A good buddy of mine has set up rental of a cottage on Leonard Lake in July for one week and invited me along. I just got approved for a one week vacation yesterday at work so it looks like I'm good to go! The only thing I know about this lake is that it's just north of Lake Muskoka. As such, I assume that it's heavily populated and likely heavily fished as well. Can anyone tell me anything about this lake? What species of fish are there to be had and how decent (or not!) is the fishing? Thanks in advance for any insight.

If this is the Leonard Lake off Hwy 118 then ya I've fished it a couple years ago.

Good Smallmouth, didn't catch any Largies. Supposed to have Walleye too but wasn't targeting them.

I'll ask around work here today and see if I can add any more info. For a Lake in the Muskoka's I don't remember it being overly busy. Which is usually the norm as long as you stay off of Lake Muskoka, Lake Joe, Rosseau etc.

I'll let you know what I find out and shoot you a PM.

Hookset.

I have driven by it lots, never fished it, never seen many people fishing it. A good guy to call might be John, at Bait on the Lake. He is literally around the corner from there, and is usually full of advice on who catches what, where. I've got the number saved in my cell as 705.765.7100, but I googled it and came up with 705.765.1600.